1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? Fell in love.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? N/A.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? United States and Mexico (in addition to Canada!)
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? A greater dedication to several of my passions, and closer awesome-er relationships with my friends.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Uh. January 11th… as for why, it was one of many new experiences that I experienced last year.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting to the point where helping to build houses in Mexico felt awesome and was awesome and wasn't clouded by me being stupid and overanalytical like I tended to be at home.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not being mature enough to perceive what I should have perceived and act accordingly with relation to certain other people.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I was incredibly sick (stomach ailment) while in Fairmont with Jeff.
11. What was the best thing you bought? New furniture including my new bed!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Heather and Jackie's for being such great friends although I don't see them nearly often enough. There are many others of course, but those are the ones who come to mind at the moment.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My own. There have been a few others but really it's my own behaviour that was rediculously stupid and frankly I have been the one to get myself where I have lately.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, food, travel, furniture etc.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My housebuilding trip to Mexico (surprisingly I'm still on an emotional high when I think about it).
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? I don't think I have one… or at least I don't remember its title.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? neither.
ii. thinner or fatter? neither.
iii. richer or poorer? neither.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Spending time with all the many friends who truly matter.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Dwelling on that which I cannot change.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent it with my family.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006? Yes.
23. How many one-night stands? None. I did date one guy for a few days however.
24. What was your favorite TV program? I got hooked on Criminal Minds.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I can't think of anyone that I actually hate.
26. What was the best book you read? Probably either the Grimm's Fairy Tales book I read OR the book I'm currently reading that Beth gave me for Christmas (Mercedes Lackey's The Fairy Godmother)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Dobacaracol!!
28. What did you want and get? New furniture!!
29. What did you want and not get? *laughs* true love a la Princess Bride! 😉
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
V For Vendetta probably.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 24 and had people over for a casual gathering (well sort of… yay power outages!) and then went to Gabbana with people and then played Settlers of Catan… I was depressed on my birthday (that was how I realized it) which stunk… but I think otherwise it was pretty good.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? To have spent more time with the awesome friends who truly matter.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Becoming more preppy in some senses… but really just more put-together when not working at SaveOn.
34. What kept you sane? Adventure!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? *shrugs* realistically I didn't really fancy any particular celebrity or public figure this year…
36. What political issue stirred you the most? the stupid re-opening the marriage debate thing (thank goodness that didn't happen)
37. Who did you miss? So many people that it would hurt to list the names… but really I missed my Grandmother since she died in 2005.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Again too many people to list… and I think listing them would be a really hard thing to do — given that I'd inevitably miss someone crucially important.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: That it's really important to live in the moment — life can change in an instant, and it's important to build memories — good and bad — by experiencing things… having all of those firsts… taking those reasonable risks… and having a good time.