Well… since people do tend to ask for this regularly… I thought I'd post a Christmas list thingy… not because I really need anything in particular, but because it's a whole lot easier if people know what I'm desiring.
— The 6th Season of Gilmore Girls!
— Bandu Board Game (it is a Milton Bradley game from 1991 that happens to be awesome fun, and nearly impossible to find outside of ebay from what I understand)
— Trivial Pursuit (not a themed edition this time… I rather want the traditional game…)
— Je me souviens 3 CD boxed set (this is EXTREMELY hard to find… it's a CD set that commemorates 50 years of the Quebec flag… and is super in my books, but apparently out of stock everywhere I look online and elsewhere)
— The new Bob the Angry Flower Book: Dog Killer
— Some nice large towels… I like the colour red… a deep rich red… but any nice deep rich colour will do…
— The Arrogant Worms' Gift Wrapped: The Best of Arrogant Worms CD
— The Barenaked Ladies Christmas CD
— Rule of Nines CDs
— D&D Players Manual 3.5 rules (even if I never play again, and I fully intend on playing, the rules would be nice)
Other things I want/need:
movies starring any of: Topher Grace, Natalie Portman, Julia Stiles, Johnny Depp… I particularly love V for Vendetta for example
new shoes that fit (my feet have HURT for long enough)
some particularly awesome clothing items
spending time with my awesome friends
piece of mind
all the books I'm lacking from Mercedes Lackey's Heralds of Valdemar series
That 70s Show seasons after season 3 (I have the first three seasons)
to have the finances to see my far flung friends more often
true love (a la Princess Bride! 😉 )
to be a better person, and fix problems that I myself have created
to always be reaching for my goals and aspirations
the 1987 Jack Zipes translation of Grimms Fairytales that I was using for class — it's worth owning.
to hopefully this next year actually get into the fiction writing class
more pampering time for me
to have a better world around me
Christmas is a great time for giving… I'm totally enjoying wrapping presents, donating time and money, and of course enjoying all that the season has for opportunities to better my community and my world.
So apparently wearing a big warm sweater isn't enough to keep me warm anymore — I have to don my newly (this year) finished massive scarf to keep warm at times (no, not just my semi-fashionable other scarf either). Yes, Kim, to answer the question you must have asked me a million times (or maybe just several thousand to be more accurate) it IS finished! 🙂
I'm in a Gilmore Girls/Christmas music mode these days: that is, I'm multitasking by either watching Gilmore Girls or listing to Christmas music (and sometimes singing along) these days. At work, Christmas music is playing interspersed with other songs — one of my favorite aspects of the season!
I've actually started with the Christmas buying/making/wrapping/thing. I've more than just actually started writing Christmas cards. Yet again, I'm realizing just how bad I am at collecting accurate contact information for people. I wonder just how many return to senders I'll have this year — hopefully not many!
It's really really cold waiting for the bus these days — especially when they're apparently not following the schedule that the ETS website insists is accurate. Since when should 3 number 5 busses pass my stop before a single number 1 bus anyway?
Playing Scotland Yard (a board game) makes me realize just how much I really stink at the detective game thing! *shrugs* oh well…
You know the economy's crazy when you have to visit 3 Tim Hortonses just to find one that's open… short staffed everywhere, eh?
And my foot is still hurting like crazy… but I think it's less severe now that I got the inserts for my shoes — hopefully?
Oh, and I guess I'm beading again. I've only made one item yet this season, but it's gosh darn pretty. I hope that she enjoys it when I give it to her. Problem: I have no idea when I'll see her again. The item does compliment the gown she wore the last time I saw her, however so maybe that'll help. I have so many gorgeous friends! 🙂
Well, I ought to go make some more sweet potato fries (spicy!) and maybe do some dishes (ack they're taking over the kitchen again!)… and sit down to get warm again. I'm NOT looking forward to leaving this abode tonight to work… chilly!!
Geekiness = using random numbers generated by atmospheric data to assign Secret Santa partners
|You Should Be a Science Fiction Writer
Your ideas are very strange, and people often wonder what planet you're from.
And while you may have some problems being normal, you'll have no problems writing sci-fi.
Whether it's epic films, important novels, or vivid comics…
Your own little universe could leave an important mark on the world!
I think this might just suit me! 🙂
So, last night was Winter Waltz… an adventure and a half of dancing, chatting, catching up with old friends whom I hadn't seen in ages, updates on apparent drama, me acting like a doofus again (I really really need to improve my behaviour… more reading motivational literature for me!), food, email addresses, actually exchanging some contact information, and of course actually scheduling in a social life for at least one evening in the coming days.
Overall, while the evening had my head reeling with over-analysis, I did have a good time, and learned some very good things:
— sometimes I find that having good quality discussions with people who actually listen is worth its weight in gold
— Mark makes a good teddy bear
— Dianna was excellently hospitable lending me her lap to watch the show dance
— guys are too slow with their cameras if they really want to catch two girls kissing… I mean really now! Photographic evidence would have been fun… and scandalous! 😉 [similarly catching the guys kissing was amusing and so on… especially since all involved are straight]
— I still don't think Chicken Cordon Blue is all that amazing of a dish… but I LOVE puff pastry on the top of soup (reminds me of the corn chowder from the restaurant in Kaohsiung)!
— I CAN do the dancier version of Cadillac Ranch, I still remember the electric slide, and I can do a rather mean Larger than Life line-dance!
— my feet actually didn't hurt too terribly bad, although I agree with Jeff that I probably do need new work shoes again
— I was probably actually pretty attractive last night — a good boost to my self-confidence even if some other things weren't great for the confidence.
— Elaine is quite amusing when she's studying — which I applaud her for actually… it's a talent.
— Oh… and running off of 3hrs of sleep (or less) wasn't as hard as it could have been today.
This comic really made me laugh:
Okay, and I'd like to thank Tom for convincing me that visiting the Farmers' Market was a good use of my time this morning — very good use in fact! After last night's decision not to purchase perishables (due to the short power outage that Beth informed me of) I was the happy purchaser of cheese! Yummy goodness! 🙂 I wish Farmers Markets were open all week long in Edmonton… Montreal has them, Boston has them, Seatle has them… why not here?? *sighs*
Anywho, I'm looking forward to tonight's Winter Waltz — as much as my foot has been hurting me for a few days now it should be great fun!
1. What time is it? 3pm
2. Full Name? If you're reading this you probably know this already.
3. What are you most afraid of? Being alone forever.
4. What celebrity/famous dead person would you most like to meet? If they have to be dead, I'd like to have a good in depth conversation with Martyn Godfrey. Living celebrities and I think Topher Grace would be cool (or actually quite a few others, but that's what came to mind).
5. Have you ever seen a ghost? Naw.
6. Where were you born? Revelstoke
7. Ever been to Alaska? Nope.
8. Ever been toilet papering? Nope.
10. Favorite day of the week? I don't have one… isn't every day good?
11. Favorite restaurant: Mmmm… food! Hard to choose… Maybe Mikado or Gabbana, or The King & I, or The Scicilian Pasta Kitchen or… I tend to have favorites of every variety!
12. Favorite Flower: Bob the Angry Flower!!
13. Favorite sport to watch: Figure skating, or Hockey, or speed skating, or swimming, or well… essentially any sport that has something to do with water: frozen or liquid.
14. Favorite non-alcoholic drink: good golly! So many choices!! I tend to like all sorts of teas (well, Orion did prove to me that there are some teas I don't like), smoothies, milk shakes, juice based beverages, and so on.
15: Favorite alcoholic drink (or second fave non-alcoholic drink, if n/a): uh… well, I don't really drink, but I guess I like the flavour of a really really really weak drink with mostly gingerale and a tiny little bit of rum or rye.
16. Favorite Ice cream: Uhh… Marble Slab's maple ice cream with raspberries mixed in, and hot caramel on top.
17. Disney or Warner brothers? Disney — shows us so much about current society (positive and negative).
18. Favorite fast food restaurant: Moo's or Beez (same menu almost, one's at my gym the other on campus)
19. What color is your bedroom carpet? light beige
20. How many times you failed your driver's test? I haven't taken one.
21. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail? Ashley.
22. What do you do most often when you are bored? uh… internet or books, or etc.
23. Bedtime? usually sometime between 11pm and 2am
24. Who will respond to this email the quickest? this isn't an email… !!
25. Who is the person you sent this to that is least likely to respond: again… see above.
26. Who is the person that you are most curious to see their responses: see above
27. Favorite TV show? Oh… Gilmore Girls… or Criminal Minds lately.
28. Ford or Chevy: Neither… I like Honda and Toyotas.
29. What are you listening to right now? the buzzing of the computer.
30. What is your favorite color? red.
31. How many tattoos do you have? none.
32. Do you have any pets: nope.
33. Which came first the chicken or the egg? the egg, since chickens weren't the first birds (or egg-laying creatures)
34. What would you like to accomplish before you die? a lot including having a family, writing, being financially independant, and much much more (details aren't necessary).
A Huge waste of time, but the email was oh so attractive with a great subject line and everything!
|You Are Animal
A complete lunatic, you're operating on 100% animal instincts.
You thrive on uncontrolled energy, and you're downright scary.
But you sure can beat a good drum.
In other news… I think too much of the internet is getting me lonely again. I think it's time to turn off the computer and well… do something else. What however, I have no idea.
So last night, I did indeed see Borat. Like Mark said: It was the most racist movie I have ever seen! It was rude and crude and well, we both wondered how it managed only to get a 14A rating.
That said, it was very very amusing. Kinda makes me feel better knowing just a little bit about one of the characters first seen on the Da Ali G Show — afterall, my name is Ali and the receipts my customers get all say Cashier: Ali G on them. After having read so many news stories about Borat and whatnot during the past few weeks, it feels great to actually have a knowledge of what they're talking about. Of course, watching that movie DOES double as homework! So I was actually being a 'good girl' watching that! 😉
Let's see… have I finished my homework yet?
1. go to a popular movie: yep, Borat can be considered popular, as it DID have the best box office performance last weekend.
2. watch a) a sitcom: I guess I have… if watching them without sound at WHC counts (and I guess I've watched some animated ones last night too!)
b) a soap opera: I've watched snippets of several… quite a few snippets for my liking… but yeah.
3. Buy and read a non-glossy supermarket tabloid: done! In fact I'll probably buy another — The National Enquirer was a fun read and this is supposed to be my assigned area of concentration.
4. Buy and read a consumer magazine: as much as I didn't actually purchase them, I read several in their entirety at work this month: Allure, In Style, People Style Watch, etc.
5. Listen to a popular AM radio station: I listen to Cool 880 and CKUA all of the time… so I'd say I'd done that!
So yeah… I've done the bulk of that homework!
Now all I want to do is relax and zone out and watch something mindless — unfortunately I do still have to work today — and likely write a curse and a blessing for class (and probably another poem as well).
You are Superman
|You are mild-mannered, good, |
strong and you love to help others.
Click here to take the Superhero Personality Quiz
I like the blurb, but I'm NOT Superman (although it would make a darn better disguise than Clark Kent does)!
This year I've been busy!
Last Saturday I signed my organ donor card (28 points). Last Tuesday I pushed in the mud (-17 points). In August I pulled 's hair (-5 points). In September I bought porn for (-10 points). Last Wednesday I put gum in 's hair (-12 points).
Overall, I've been naughty (-16 points). For Christmas I deserve a lump of coal!
*laughs merrily* That's too funny!