So I'm not posting my specific scores… I don't see the point. But I did like to comment that it was a rather comprehensive test (I've always enjoyed purity tests… they're entertaining! 🙂
I think I ended up being like 84% pure or something like that. Not a bad score and given the questions, pretty much where I thought I should be.
Thanks Beth! If anyone's curious the url is at: http://www.theferrett.com/purity2/
Now back to the other stuff I ought to be doing! 🙂
I'm a relative newbie at this game… but hey, I love playing!
Beth sent this my way… so I thought I'd send it yours… 🙂
1. Do we know each other outside of LiveJournal?
2. What's your philosophy on life?
3. Would you have my back in a fight?
4. Would you keep a secret from me if you thought it was in my best interest?
5. What is your favorite memory of us?
6. Would you give me a kidney?
7. Tell me one odd/interesting fact about you:
8. Would you take care of me when I'm sick?
9. Can we get together and make a cake?
10. Have you heard any rumors of me lately?
11. Do you/have you talk(ed) crap about me?
12. Do you think I'm a good person?
13. Would you drive across the country with me?
14. Do you think I'm attractive?
15. If you could change anything about me, would you?
16. What do you wear to sleep?
17. Would you come over for no reason just to hang out?
18. Would you go on a date with me if I asked you?
19. If I only had one day to live, what would we do together?
20. Will you post this so I can fill it out for you?
So class today was fun. Yep. You got that right. Fun. And I was assigned Grimm's Fairy Tales as my personal readings for class. Even more fun! 🙂 I even picked up a copy of them from Rutherford Library.
How'd I end up with enough free time to do so? Well, it's all because of my mega short quiz from my second class. Three questions and we get an hour and a half to finish. Well, I thought that that was a rather lot of time, judging from the fact that we had 3 questions (essentially minimum 4 words plus 2 sentences)… I wrote more than strictly necessary, but hey I was using my knowledge from my previous class to help. Not only that, but I finished FIRST after like 20 minutes.
Yeah… so I met up with my bro who delivered some mail I got (yeah I totally need the certificate to go with the scholarship I got over a year ago… thanks to the Alberta government), and gave me my harddrive complete with files recovered. Totally cool! 🙂
Later I went to the gym. Had my visit with my new personal trainer (I likely won't pay for personal training for quite some time, but this sets me up right where I want to be: Joe was AWESOME!). I was totally satisfied and enjoyed my protein shake on the way home. My workouts will be reasonably challenging as time goes on… and I know know how to use some completely nifty machines… plus some free weights. I'm very happy with that! Not to mention the fact that I was yet again encouraged to attend the group classes when the mood strikes! 🙂 Very pleased!
So that's where things are at… I'm rather pleased in general. 🙂
Since I got this one from a rather interesting source… I thought I'd share it 🙂 I don't often get these types of quizzes from Kiwanians afterall.
1. What is your occupation? Student and Cashier
2. What color are your socks right now? Dirty white… I wore black ones earlier today for work though.
3. What are you listening to right now? Neil Young — Birds
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Olivieri spinach and cheese tortellini with arribiata pasta sauce, cheese (two types) and shrimp
5. Can you drive a stick shift? technically yes, but I'm not proficient by any means! In fact I likely forget how.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? red
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Kim
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? He's a great Kiwanian… very good at sending on forwards.
9. How old are you today? 24 years, 2 months and 1 day — remind me again why grave stones in Brockton included exactly how many days people lived for…
10. Favorite drink: *shrugs* I like interesting non-alcoholic beverages that AREN'T cola, or coffee for the most part.
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? I tend to like watching sports that happen on ice.
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? No
13. Any piercings? no
14. Pets? I don't know what I did with my pet rock
15. Favorite food? *shrugs* I like food muchly in general!
16. What was the last movie you watched? *shrugs* Serenity at the Sleeping Bag Drive In
17. Favorite day of the year? Christmas – actually the whole season.
18. What do you do to vent anger? I distract myself… and I guess I like to do something about it if I've the courage and it's reasonably possible… like exercise or complain if it'll help.
19. What was your favorite toy as a child? arts and crafts stuff
20. What is your favorite fall or spring? I like both
21. Hugs or kisses? The hug is best. I need more hugs in my life.
22. Cherries or Blueberry? Cherries.
23. Do you want your friends to email you back? when I send them emails, yes.
24. Who is most likely to respond? *shrugs* Mim maybe?
25. Who is least likely to respond? the majority of people.
26. Living arrangements? living in my apt with my roommate.
27. When was the last time you cried? Hmmm…. less than a month ago but probably before school started?
28. What is on the floor of your closet? lots of stored stuff like Christmas cards (unused)
29. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? Uhh… I dunno… depends on who reads this, really!
30. What did you do last night? Worked, watched tv, used the internet and relaxed.
31. Favorite smells? good yummy food!
32. What inspires you? people who accomplish their goals and dreams especially when relevant to my values.
33. What are you afraid of? being alone forever.
34. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese or spicy
36. Favorite dog breed? I dunno… the kind that are nice and not-scary.
37. Number of keys on your key ring? 4?
38. How many years at your current job? 5
39. Favorite day of the week? I don't have one
40. How many states have you lived in? none. I've lived in Provinces: BC, Alberta, and if you count for a month only, Quebec.
41. Favorite holiday? Pete's a great guy! 🙂 Asides from that Christmas.
42. Ever driven a Motorcycle or heavy machinery? Yes… a motorbike named Suzy.
43. Who's your favorite NFL team? *shrugs* I'm supposed to care about the NFL?
44. Do you have a house phone that is NOT cordless? one. I don't like cordless phones. So what if I've some ludditeish tendancies?
45. 10 inches of snow or 100 degree weather? both have their pros and cons!
So now that my computer is functioning again… here I am! 🙂
And what's new in Ali's world? Not terribly much. I think I need to get out more… when I'm procrastinating homework sheerly 'cause if I did it I'd run out of fun stuff to do, that's a problem. (that is other than reading or writing which I most certainly can do!)
I'm still enamoured with the World Health Club… which is good 'cause I'm now a member. I had my first session with a personal trainer, and am changing personal trainers as a result, since I wasn't satisfied with him. Other than that small hiccup things are going smashingly well in that arena… in fact I'm feeling better about myself… and enjoying the feelings of being sore on occasion 'cause I worked different muscles than I'm normally used to! 🙂 Today I even took a yoga class… which given my lack of flexibility was a great fun challenge!!
Classes are going well. Ran into my prof at work (how often does this happen to me, really?!!?).
Friday I took the bus to South Edmonton Common and finally explored IKEA in the hopes of finding the perfect furniture for my purposes. Fortunately I did find a lot of what I was looking for… and it looks like it'll cost me just under $2000 to purchase everything I'll be needing. Next step is to get the money ready and figure out how to get it home 🙂
Maria's birthday party was a blast! So great catching up with old friends and meeting new ones! Not to mention the fact that I hadn't been to Sweet 69 in ages!! Yep… a great time.
So I guess that's all that I ought to update you all on for the moment…
No, they didn't recall canned spinach (and I don't eat canned spinach either, really), but, the bagged fresh stuff from the USA… and it meant throwing out one of my favorite vegetables (it also means that there isn't any at the grocery store(s)). Darnned cravings!
In other news, I think I'm getting addicted to the fun that is World Health Club. Oi! The class I went to this morning was stellar. Even with my normal uncoordinatedness acting up on occasion, it felt great! 🙂
What's with the internet these days and throwing me for a loop… surprising me at every turn? My facebook addiction only grows as I slowly add pictures (yes they're old ones currently, but hey I gotta start somewheres!).
I'm totally loving reading my great books lately. My readings for class however aren't getting any shorter.
I'm a busy critter, but I think I'm happier for it.
I wonder when it'll stop raining.
Oh my goodness… does this ever ring true sometimes… Today's FoxTrot comic:
Really points the finger at one of the major issues striking North America today.
In other news, I'm truly a fan of the new backpack I won from the Welcome to the U draw at the University. It fits my workout wear nicely plus my class stuff if I want to go straight from the gym to class.
Work was incredibly slow last night. Something about the pouring rain that makes people not want to walk home with groceries in it. The pay will be nice regardless however.
My 108 books (yeah there were eight duplicates — I guess I can choose the edition I want to keep if I don't want to keep both!) take up a remarkably large amount of space on the floor. Gosh I love CanLit! 🙂 It'll be nice once I somehow find the time to hit IKEA and buy another bookshelf (in addition to the bed I need and some other random stuff… I'm actually slowly figuring out potential dates to at least browse not to mention buy stuff, and have approximately the money that should enable me to do so). As for what I'll do with the old bed is beyond me. It's only too bad I can't find everything I'm looking to replace in the IKEA catalogue (that is that I like!).
Homework is going to be a lot of little assignments this semester… not terribly difficult to accomplish I would hope, and a couple larger items (essays/projects) that I'm considering making more difficult than they need to be — for interest's sake!
And am I ever glad that the random 400-level C LIT special topics class I registered in is about popular literature! Oh how much I enjoy pop lit/pop culture classes in Comp Lit!
|You Are 12% Shy
You aren't shy at all, in fact, you're probably quite outgoing.
You are comfortable in almost any social situation, no matter how difficult.
So life's zipping along lately. Classes are going well. I finally bought all my books for the semester… which came out to just over $50. I had a gift certificate, so they really didn't cost me anything.
My 100 books came today. Amazing cool they are… all wonderful glorious CanLit (yes perhaps a little biased to the established author side of things, but a lot of cool stuff just the same…). Actually there's 108 books, as eight books came with duplicates in different editions. So this means I can choose which one I like better!
Spent a super awesome day with Kim. Was great to catch up after so long!
The shooting at Dawson College in Montreal shocked and saddened me when I heard today. Yet another event that really opens the eyes to reasons why to value each day as it comes along. *sighs*
So that's a few tidbits from my world. I probably should get some sleep now that my homework's done.