Okay… So I'm this incredibly sleep deprived, tired, grumpy person… and I realize that yet again, the dishes don't mysteriously do themselves (like they're supposed to)… I really don't want to tackle this mess, So here I am online… posting like a maniac (mostly quizzes, but what the hey, I'm not especially lucid today).
So in the past few days a few things happened:
1. I worked a whole bunch (I still am doing so). This is both good and bad. Good because I'll not be working when I head to St. Louis, and thus will need the hours now! (plus, if I remember correctly there should have been an automatic raise sometime recently for all our employees… which should help somewhat). The downside of course is that the shifts have been rather ummm early… which is nice 'cause there's less customers and time flies, but bad 'cause I'm super super tired as a result (I always tend to do this… go out and have fun and then get up for an EAAARRRLY shift…. *sighs*).
2. They finally gave me my Je parle Francais pin at work. This is 10 million times better than the I speak French nametags that some people at the St. Albert Store had, 'cause what exactly is the point if they can't read English or speak it well to begin with? However, the notable grammatical error (one DOESN'T capitalize the word 'francais' as a proper noun in French) did not make me too pleased. At least one customer has noticed this error (and yes, my store wouldn't have known better… so I'm not REALLY faulting them this time too much). This new fangled pin causes quite the interesting experiences. Not only do I get at least 10 times as many people speaking French to me at work per day now (I used to average at least one per day, now it's at least 10), which I serve in French, but the conversations now seem to have swelled into much more intelligent matter, and less akward silences. For example, nearly everyone wants to know where I'm from now, and where I learned French. I learned that there are a WHOLE LOT of people from Quebec and Paris specifically who frequent our store. So this is rather cool, I think. I'm going to like work more now with this change of pace… at least for the next few shifts, 'cause frankly, it's fun serving my customers in French! They never expect people to know these other languages!
3. So that was odd… my internet browser decided to not let the keyboard work temporarily. Odd.
4. So, I went out for East Indian food with a group of great friends (yay for great friends!) Saturday night after work. This was quite the new and yummy experience. Sure I didn't like everything… even when they took my stuff back to get it changed to what I had actually ordered, but the majority was good! Especially the vegetarian stuff and the appetizers I think. One thing I did confirm for myself… I do indeed ABHOR cilantro. I don't know why, but I just find it utterly repulsive. Annoying, really, 'cause I love Thai, Vietnamese, Indian etc. food, but hat Cilantro… which is used as a garnish on nearly everything. And, well, I'm incredibly sensitive to it it seems… so cilantro as a garnish is NO GOOD. My reaction to cilantro is only getting worse each time, so I think I shall try harder to avoid it. I find it odd that I'm discovering something that I dislike this much at this age though… especially considering how many different things I love to eat!
5. Dancing after not dancing at all since the second last dance class of the term, in March was odd. I felt incredibly klutzy, but was surprised at how well I was able to keep up after all of this time. Lindy-Mike likely taught me some new stuff too, which was nice, whether I'll remember it or not, is another story. Note that heavy dancing after eating HUGE meal (see above) does not necessarily agree with one. Especially if one is consuming carbonated beverages (which I sort of was).
6. So I got home Saturday night… ready to unwind a little… talked to Brendan a bit about random stuff (including stuff that pretains oddly enough to my Evolutionary Psychology of Beauty class: Plastic surgery… wierd stuff! Everyone wants to display those all too attractive neotenous traits it seems!), and caught a bit of Contact (I don't know HOW many times I've seen that movie… it still is a good one). Any particular reason why I didn't go to bed earlier, given that I had to get up at 6AM this morning? A really annoying but good one: HICCUPS! Yep, right before my head hit the pillow, I started to hiccup madly… resulting in quite a bit of difficulty sleeping. An hour later, I'm sure I was in dream land though… at least until 4AM, when I woke up… and then again at 6AM when I woke up for good (I worked today from 7AM-3PM). So I'm tired.
And I think that's a long enough post for a while.